Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Love is in the air...

So, this coming Friday will be the 13th and also marks a year and a half of married life for Nick and I.  This is amazingly awesome because we got married on a Friday the 13th!  Needless to say it is kind of exciting, and is the inspiration for today's post.  Obviously, I love my husband but a few other things I love include:

  • Our wedding wall!  We have this weird cut out thing in our house that I had no clue what to do with, and then my best friend, Sara, gave us a sign that inspired everything!  It has all kinds of memories, and serves as a constant reminder of the best day of our lives.


  • Going along with the whole wedding thing, I still love our wedding invitations!  We did not go the traditional route, but I still think they are the best thing ever!  I love that we are crying by the box for those who could not attend.  In case you can't tell, the invitations have us on them!  A local artist created them for us after talking to us and learning what our interest were.  Nick has on flip flops, a soccer ball, and a finance book.  I have a camera, paintbrushes, and a book.  Since we like to travel there is a suitcase with stuff about us on it like the UST star, Viva Italia (that is where we honeymooned), a Don't Mess With Texas sticker, etc.  They were amazing and completely us!

 

 

  • A more recent love is that I will be teaching in The Heights this year!  There are so many aspects to love about this...I am at one of the best schools in the district, I am a Vanguard teacher so I will be teaching GT and Pre-AP kids, Nick and I can carpool, and the people at this school are incredible, plus, I just adore The Heights!

1 comment:

  1. a. I love the wedding wall idea. If only I had that much space in our house. :(

    b. I LOVE your invites! So cute! Long before Fran ever proposed I actually had the artist bookmarked for my "dream" invites for the day I would start planning my wedding!

    c. Hamilton MS is literally 5 minutes from our house- you can stop by the refresqueria anytime! What grades are you going to be teaching?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails