skip to main |
skip to sidebar
38 weeks...
How Far Along: 38 Weeks…the countdown really has begun!
Baby Size: Watermelon…around 6.5lbs. and close to 19-22 inches
Gender: BOY!…Mason Rhys
Maternity Clothes: Whatever is comfortable at this point. Sometimes it is maternity, I have a few things that I can still wear, and I have now started to wear Nick’s t-shirts around the house.
Sleep: Been really good this week, and it probably helps that I am done with work so I can sleep in and take a nap if I want!
Best moment this week: Wrapping up the school year and my school gave me a surprise baby shower the last day too! I am both looking forward to and totally dreading next school year, but for now I am going to enjoy every moment I get with my little man both inside and outside of the womb!
Movement: Still moving quite a bit, but he has slowed down just a bit.
Food Cravings: Nothing in particular, I just tend to get really, really thirsty.
What I miss: Not getting asked every day, every 20 minutes if I am ok, how I'm feeling, or if the baby is here yet. Trust me, I will be the first to tell you if any of things has changed. I know they ask because they care but it can get annoying.
What I am looking forward to: Mason's birthday, of course! Also, getting my body somewhat back to normal...the belly is getting more and more in the way.
Milestones: Lungs are ready to breathe real air, and he is considered full-term!
Pregnancy Symptoms: Period-like cramps, my first Braxton Hicks contractions, and the insane pressure in my pelvis because he has dropped. Overall, I have thoroughly enjoyed my pregnancy and can’t complain a bit; I truly feel blessed with how well this pregnancy has gone!
Stretch Marks: Not yet, we have been using Palmer’s Tummy Butter and are on our second one.
Belly Button: It is a slight outie…I can’t wait to have my normal belly button back!
Dr. Update: Everything still looks awesome! I am dilated close to 4cm and about 90% effaced...she said if there is much more of a change it will most likely mean that I am in labor!! The Dr. also said that it is awesome that I have been able to progress so much with my first baby without any real labor occurring and it should help my actual labor progress pretty well on its own. Since he has slowed down she hooked me up to some monitors to make sure that he was happy and not in distress. While he ended up being fine, I thought I was going to pass out! So, when all of the books and everything say don't lay on your back for too long, they aren't kidding! I guess the nurse had me flat on my back for too long while on the monitors because all of a sudden I got an awful headache, super hot, was sweating, lightheaded, and just felt horrible. Luckily, they let Nick sit with me so he was fanning me and then I finally just sat up because I couldn't handle it! When we went back to the Dr. she said that is exactly what happens when you are on your back too long and why you are always told to lay on your side. Once I was up moving I started to feel better, but the whole no back thing is no joke!
I HATED all the questions. My mom, mother in law, and sister in law would call me everyday to "check" on me. I felt like a ticking time bomb! I know they were just excited but it still bothered me.
ReplyDeleteoh, and I like your new layout! good pick :)
ReplyDelete