Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Dedicated to the one I love!



I have said over and over again how incredibly lucky I am to have the best husband in the world.  This pregnancy has been no exception whatsoever!  No matter what I needed or wanted, he was always right there to make sure it happened.  Being a full time middle school teacher combined with the early exhaustion of pregnancy meant that things changed early on in our house.  Before, I cooked dinner every night.  That was a huge change for Nick because by the time we got home I was just too tired to still be on my feet doing much of anything.  Nick never complained though, he started cooking dinner or helping me cook.  As the chores and the cleaning got to be too much or something I wasn't supposed to do, he started to do it without any hesitation.

He has also been there every step of the way which was probably the most important thing.  There isn't a single Dr. appt. that he has missed!  Back rubs, lotion on my belly, helping me up, bringing me something.  He has been my support throughout this entire process and always made sure that I was taken care of.

I truly married my best friend and the person that makes me who I am supposed to be.  Without him nothing would be the same, and I can say with all my heart that he is my soul mate.  He told me recently that he was talking to my dad and their conversation turned a little more serious.  My dad told him that when he had a little girl he thought that no matter what no one would ever be good enough for me.  My dad then said that he was wrong because he couldn't have asked God for a more perfect person for me and he was so thankful that we had found one another.  (I love my daddy!)  After Nick told me about this I asked my mom if she knew that daddy had that talk with Nick.  She said no but she was glad he did because they often talk about happy they are for us and how they truly feel like we are meant to be together.  She then proceeded to tell me that Nick was too good for me and I should be nicer to him.  Thanks mom!  I love that my parents adore him as much as I do!

With all of this being said, I decided that I wasn't all that concerned with a "push present".  However,  I felt like Nick totally deserved a 'push present' so to speak for everything he has done the past 9 months.  I could never thank him enough for all that he has done for Mason and I during the pregnancy so I felt he was deserving of a gift.  I mean I signed up to carry and have the baby so getting a present for it seems a little silly to me.  I ended up getting him a Sony Bloggie, it is a video camera similar to a flip but supposed to be better.  He loves it and rather than calling it a push present, he has so kindly re-titled it a putting up with present.  I love my husband more and more every single day and I look forward to our growing family and many more years of love together!  Hopefully, Mason will be here for Father's Day to make it even more special!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, this is Shauney. I know we haven't talked in a long time, but I read your blog. It's a fun read. I wanted to say that I really like the idea you had about giving your husband the gift. It's an idea I've added to my list for the future. :) Hope everything is going great!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails