As I have mentioned before, soccer is a huge deal in our house, with our families, and even with some of our friends. Therefore, there is a lot of excitement since the All-Star game is in Houston tonight and they are playing one of the most well known teams in the world, Manchester United. Well, Monday night there was a party to kind of kick-off All-Star week that we went to with some friends, but it was also a charity event as well. We had a great time seeing the majority of the players, supporting a good cause, and watching some awkward stand-up comedy. Bobby Boswell, a Houston Dynamo player, had different professional sport players get up and do stand-up for charity. It was hilarious, awful, painful, and thoroughly enjoyable. Dave Anderson of the Texans was by far the funniest one though, hands down!
Some of the MLS All-Stars
One of my most favorite players, Geoff Cameron!
Needless to say, we will be at the All-Star game tonight with my dad and brother. We will even have the opportunity to be on the field during warm-ups.
On a side note, I finally got a peek at my classroom for next year and a chance to meet my principal. I can't wait to really be a part of the school, be for real in my room, and start a new adventure! I am even more pumped to be teaching in The Heights...the lunch spots, the after work dinner and hang out spots, and just getting to drive through The Heights is exciting to me (especially since I was driving through Baytown before)!
No comments:
Post a Comment