Wednesday, October 1, 2014

38 Weeks with Oliver Jude

How Far Along: 38 Weeks…the countdown really has begun!

Baby Size: Watermelon…around 6.5lbs. and close to 19-22 inches

Gender: BOY!…Oliver Jude

Maternity Clothes: Whatever is comfortable at this point. I put on comfy clothes as soon as I get home from work everyday!

Sleep: It has been surprisingly good this week!  I have actually been able to fall asleep quickly and stay asleep.

Best moment this week: We took Mason to Build A Bear and made dogs for him and Oliver.  He loved every minute of it!  He can't wait to bring Oliver his puppy to the hospital.  He even picked a happy birthday shirt for him to wear.  Plus, he named each of them the other's middle name.  So his dog is Jude (Oliver's middle name) and Oliver's dog is named Rhys (Mason's middle name).  How sweet is this kid?!

Movement: Still moving a lot considering how little room he has.   He moves pretty much all day and has hiccups at least once a day.

Food Cravings: Nothing in particular, I just tend to get really, really thirsty.

What I miss: I am so over people telling me I look huge/I'm about to pop/They can't believe the baby isn't here yet/There is no way I will make it to my due date/etc.   They aren't compliments; they are actually pretty mean!  I really don't need everyone telling me how big I look every day...I'm fully aware!

What I am looking forward to: Oliver's birthday, of course!  Also, getting my body somewhat back to normal...I'm over the swelling!

Milestones: Lungs are ready to breathe real air, and he is considered full-term!

Pregnancy Symptoms: Period-like cramps, contractions but they are by no means consistent, and the insane pressure in my pelvis because he has dropped. Overall, I have thoroughly enjoyed my pregnancy and can’t complain a bit; I truly feel blessed with how well this pregnancy has gone!

Belly Button: It is a slight outie…I can’t wait to have my normal belly button back!

Dr. Update: Everything still looks awesome!  I am dilated 3cm and about 70% effaced...she said  if there is much more of a change it will most likely mean that I am in labor!! We are scheduled to induce on October 7th.  My dr. feels like I am already progressing and won't make it to my due date, and this way I can everything arranged at my school and have a place for Mason.  He will be 6 days "early", and I'm just hoping he will wait until then so everything will be taken care of and prepared!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails