Sunday, February 13, 2011

21 Weeks...




How far along: 21 Weeks! Crazy that I am now more than halfway done.

Baby size: About 7 in. and 11oz.  The size of a banana!

Total weight gain/loss: Probably around 8-9lbs. Not totally sure.

Maternity clothes: A mix of both, this cold weather isn’t helping!  I refuse to buy any maternity sweaters and such since I will be my biggest in the spring and summer, but it just won’t warm up!

Sleep: Nick decided I needed a special pregnant lady pillow so we bought the Boppy total body pillow.  It has definitely helped me to get more comfortable, but even though I am exhausted I can’t seem to fall asleep and stay asleep well at night.

Gender: Boy!  Mason Rhys!

Best moment this week: As many know we are season ticket holders to the Houston Dynamo; therefore, Nick and I made a onsie for our favorite player Mike Chabala that says Chabala is my homeboy.  Nick sent him a picture of it on twitter, and he loved it.  Then we went to the ground breaking for their new stadium and some players were there including Chabala.  He came over, told us he loved the onsie and couldn’t wait to autograph it, and then asked if he could give Mason the soccer touch!  He is the first non-family member to touch my bump, but it was ok since he asked for permission first!  Another thing Nick told me I had to post was that I told him that I am loving being pregnant and getting to call Mason by his name, it is like I have a friend with me everywhere I go.  He thought that was hysterical and that I should share.

Movement: I have had some of the “butterfly” feelings that they say you get first, and according the Dr. only another week until I should feel those kicks for real!

Food cravings: I still love fruit but no real cravings…I am a boring pregnant woman I guess, haha.

What I miss: Life is good, don’t really miss anything!

What I am looking forward to: Sunday Nick and I will have been for married for two years!!  Plus, Valentine’s Day is on Monday and then next weekend Nick’s mom is coming to town to order all of the nursery furniture that his parents are so graciously buying for us!

Milestones: Mason’s taste buds are developed and he is swallowing so he is tasting what I am eating…crazy to me that the amniotic fluid will change taste based on what I am eating!

Pregnancy Symptoms: My face has decided to break out, and I don't mean a couple of zits!  There are more pimples on my face then I think I have ever had in my life.  It is horrible and makeup is now my new best friend.  At first the pregnancy gave me awesome skin so I am hoping that comes back soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails