Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Throw some paint on it...

I am by no means an artist!  However, I love to paint.  One day Nick just said here, handed me a canvas, and said just try it.  I love that man, and I have been painting since.  It is a fun hobby, so relaxing, and I thoroughly enjoy it.  Everything I do is completely abstract.  It is a fun way to decorate because I get to use the perfect colors and combinations to match any room.  Here are few of my creations:


This is in our master bathroom.  The next one I did when I lived on the second floor at my apartment complex.  Nick and I had a blast squeezing paint from my balcony onto the canvas on the ground.  It is now in my 'eclectic' laundry room, but was originally in my apartment bedroom.


Here are a couple more that were for Nick's apartment, but are now in the previously mentioned laundry room.


Finally, I am practicing something for my sister-in-law.  I didn't want to actually put it on stretched canvas until I had a chance to figure out what exactly I was doing.  So, here is my spread in the living room...


Painting is definitely a hobby of mine now, and I love it!

1 comment:

  1. Those are great! I've tried painting, but it wasn't for me. I'm better at the scrapbooking stuff. I'll give you the low down on New Orleans when we get back! I'm so excited! Tennessee sounds fun too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails