Being a teacher means that I get Spring Break; however, Nick doesn't and we are saving his vacation time for the Summer so we did a mini weekend getaway to Galveston! It may not sound all that fabulous, but we had an awesome time. We stayed there Friday and Saturday night...had dinner, did the strand, had lunch, hit up a museum (Texas Seaport Museum, including Ellissa the oldest ship still sailing), got ice cream, and walked the beach. It was a perfect, relaxing weekend.
Nick playing on the Strand...
Enjoying our root beer and tea on The Strand!
Then we played at the Texas Seaport Museum...
It was pretty surreal to see all the plaques that said how high the water was when Hurricane Ike hit. We found a column that showed the water levels for all the major hurricanes...
It was a great little getaway that was still close to home! I am enjoying my time home from work, but must admit that I am already getting slightly bored by myself.
Our All-Time Favorite Podcasts
1 week ago
No comments:
Post a Comment