I have had a stressful and just crappy last week and half at work, so Nick, being the wonderful husband he is, agreed to make a rainbow cake with me last night. We had quite a bit of fun, and it is so pretty. There is no way to be upset when, not only do you have cake, but a bright pretty cake!
We started out with just regular cake mix, icing, and then 'professional food coloring' (that is what I call it at least, you can't use just regular food coloring). We made the cake like it says on the box (we used white cake so that the colors would be extra bright), and then we mixed in the color.
The colors turned out so good! Then we baked like normal...
The results were fabulous! We put a thin layer of chocolate icing in between each layer and cream cheese icing on the outside. I am in love with this cake!
Now I will smile when I eat my lunch! Spring Break is so close I can barely stand it!
How We’re Organizing Our Digitized Photos
3 weeks ago
I've thought about making this before!
ReplyDelete